The STM8/128-MCKIT starter kit is an integrated system designed to provide a complete, ready-to-use motor control application developed around the STMicroelectronics STM8 microcontroller. This starter kit is particularly suited to drive 3-phase brushless motors (either AC induction or permanent magnet types) and demonstrates how effectively the STM8 microcontrollers can be used in real-world motor control applications. However, the main advantage of the STM8/128-MCKIT is that you can use it to create your own applications and re-program the STM8 microcontroller. You can develop your own applications using the dedicated software libraries provided in the starter kit in conjunction with a third-party IDE and C compiler.
- Motor drive based on scalar control (BLDC or ACIM) for three-phase motors
- Position and/or speed measurement is implemented using Hall sensors or a tachometer.
- Sensorless control
- The inverter is driven using the PWM modulation technique.
- Acts as a plug-and play demo, out of the box, with the provided BLDC motor, in sensorless speed control mode
- Operates with an AC induction motor, after reprogramming the microcontroller, in open loop or in speed control mode